* For PROBATIONARY ENGINEER, GEN / OBC candidates with first class in B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc Engineering Graduate from AICTE approved Colleges in Electronics / Electronics and Communication / Electronics & Telecommunication / Communication / Telecommunication / Mechanical / Computer Science / Computer Science and Engineering. Candidates with first class in AMIE / GIETE, in the above disciplines are also eligible to apply. SC/ST/PWD candidates with pass class in the above degree/disciplines are eligible to apply.
* Candidates currently studying in the final semester / final year of BE / B.Tech / B.Sc engineering and who will be taking their final semester/final year exams by June/July 2011 are also eligible to apply.
* The maximum age limit for General candidates is 25 years of age as on 01.04.2011 for all posts.
* Special dispensation allowed for Other Backward Class (OBC), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Physically handicapped person (PWD), Ex-Serviceman (XSM), Kashmiri Migrant (KM). Please refer to the Norms for the same.
* There are 150 vacancies for the above position (80 Electronics, 30 Mechanical, 40 Computer Science).
* The above openings are for the following locations: Bangalore (Karnataka), Ghaziabad (UP), Pune (Maharashtra), Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Machilipatnam (Andhra Pradesh) Panchkula (Haryana), Kotdwara (Uttaranchal) Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra) and other offices of BEL
* Candidates are required to note down and keep a record of the auto generated Application Number that will appear after the online application format has been filled in correctly and submitted. This Number will be required for accessing, downloading and printing the written test call letter that will be placed on the BEL website on 10.06.2011 at 1400 hours.(tentative)
* Only Indian Nationals need apply.
* Last date for applying online is 10.05.2011.